Lillian Gish: The Movies, Mr. Griffith and Me – Reviewed by Frank O’Connor (1969)

 

Lillian Gish: The Movies, Mr. Griffith and Me – Reviewed by Frank O’Connor (1969)

The Objectivist 1969-11: Vol 8 Iss 11

Editor: Ayn Rand

Lillian Gish: The Movies, Mr. Griffith and Me

Reviewed by Frank O’Connor

The audience watched in silence. There was no sound, except the music; the applause broke out only after the two girls had left. Then the people departed; they did not stay to see the flower show; neither did I. I think I was the last one to leave; I wanted to hold that image as long as possible. From then on, I always saw these two stars as I had seen them in person, in that garden, in reality – not as I saw them in the gray shadows of the screen.

Their names were Lillian and Dorothy Gish.

Now, fifty years later, Lillian Gish has written her autobiography. It is a remarkable document; it presents the story of the birth of American motion pictures.

Read the whole article accessing the link below:

The Movies Mr.Griffith and Me

Back to Lillian Gish Home page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lillian Gish and Jeanne Moreau – Vanity Fair 1983

D.W. Griffith – An American Life (By Richard Schickel – 1984)

ART DECO FASHION – by Suzanne Lussier (2003)