IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED (1973) BY ARTHUR H. LEWIS – PDF Download

 

IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED (1973) BY ARTHUR H. LEWIS – PDF Download

“It wasn’t quite that easy then, and I don’t think it is now. I know I cannot recall a world in which I was not an actress, and that’s true for most of us who’ve survived. Mary Martin, Charlie Chaplin, both dear friends of mine; the theater’s been almost the whole of their existence. Hepburn is another great whose life’s been the stage. She was playing Juliet and somebody asked her how old she really was. ‘I’m fourteen,’ was her answer, and it was true. She was fourteen when she played Juliet. So it was with Charles Laughton and my sister, Dorothy. It was hard work. “These were true artists, professionals with understanding and empathy and even for them to get ahead and stay ahead was never easy.” (Lillian Gish)

Hollywood, the pioneers – Rooftop Studios
The pioneers – Hollywood in 1905

Back to Lillian Gish Home page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lillian Gish and Jeanne Moreau – Vanity Fair 1983

D.W. Griffith – An American Life (By Richard Schickel – 1984)

ART DECO FASHION – by Suzanne Lussier (2003)